The peculiarities of anaerobic fermentation processes with the accumulation of dissolved ethyl alcohol and carbon dioxide in the culture media are considered in the article.
The solubility of CO2 is limited by the state of saturation in accordance with Henry’s law. This, with all else being equal, limits the mass transfer on the interface surface of yeast cells and the liquid phase of the medium. A phenomenological model of the media restoration technologies based on the unsaturation index on СО2 is developed. It is shown that this restoration in the existing technologies of fermentation of sugar-rich media occurs, to a limited extent, in self-organized flow circuits, with variable values of temperatures and hydrostatic pressures, due to the creation of unsaturated local zones.
It is shown that increasing the height of the media in isovolumetric apparatuses leads to an increase in the levels of flow circuits organization and to the improvement of the desaturation and saturation modes of the liquid phase and intensification of mass transfer processes. Among the deterministic principles of restoring the saturation possibilities of the media, there are forced variables of pressures with time pauses on their lower and upper levels. In such cases, the possibilities of short-term intensive desaturations in full media volumes, the restoration of their saturation perception of CO2, and the activation of fermentation processes are achieved. This direction is technically feasible for active industrial equipment.The cumulative effect of the action of variable pressures and temperatures corresponds to the superposition principle, but at the final stages of fermentation, the pressure and temperature values are leveled, so the restoration of the unsaturation state slows down to the level of the bacteriostatic effect. The possibility of eliminating the disadvantages of the final stage of fermentation by means of programmable variable pressures is shown
2. Shevchenko OIu, Sokolenko AI, Vasylkivskyi KV, Vinnichenko IM. Kolihatyvni vlastyvosti kulturalnykh seredovyshch. Naukovi pratsi NUKhT. 2017. Ber 2; 3(2):131-139.
3. Sokolenko AI, Mazaraki AA, Shevchenko OYu. ta in. Intensyfikatsiia teplo- masoobminnykh protsesiv v kharchovykh tekhnolohiiakh. Kyiv: Feniks: 2011.
4. Sokolenko A. Shevchenko O, Makcymenko I, Vinnichenko I, Кostyuk V. Osmotic pressure in the fermentation media technologies. Ukrainian Food Journal. 2017. Ber 30; 6(1):134-140.
5. Stefan Hohmann Osmotic adaptation in yeast-control of the yeast osmolyte system. International Review of Cytology. 2002ж 215: 149-187.
6. Shevchenko OYu, Vinnichenko IO, Stepanets OI., Boiko OO. Osoblyvosti transformatsii materialnykh i enerhetychnykh potokiv u brodylnykh seredovyshchakh/ Naukovi pratsi NUKhT. 2017 Kvi. 27;23(3);107-115.
7. Kuntse V. Tekhnolohyia soloda y pyva: Per. s nem. Sankt-Peterburg: "Yzdatelstvo";2003.
8. Tippens Paul E. Physics. 7th ed, McGraw–Hill, 2007.
9. Monk Paul. Physical Chemistry: Understanding our Chemical World: Wiley 2004.
10. Fernando Santos, Alunzio Borйm and Celso Caldas. Sugarcane. Agricultural Production, Bioenergy and Ethanol, Academic Press. 2015.492 р.
11. Anderson TM. Industrial Fermentation Processes, Encyclopedia of Microbiology. Third Edition. 2009; 349-361.
12. Chahaida AO, Piddubnyi VA, Maksymenko IF, Boiko OO. Intensyfikatsiia zbrodzhuvannia tsukrovmistkykh seredovyshch. Naukovi pratsi NUKhT. 2014; 51: 77-83.