The article analyzes one of the opportunities for the enhancement of the efficiency of grain processing production - improvement of working conditions through the certification of the workplaces. Such action is the component of the sectorial program for development of a safety status, occupational health and the production environment, which is the task of each sectoral ministry. The grain processing branch of the agroindustrial complex demonstrates continuous and stable growth over the past decades. It creates additional workplaces, provides employment of the population, and preserves the labor resources of the country. However, the leading branch of agroindustrial complex has no sectorial program for improvement of safety status at the workplaces. As a result, the agroindustrial complex is the third largest in work-related incidents for last years. The reasons and circumstances of incidents are stated. The improvement of the situation is the certification of workplaces, which exercises the worker’s right to healthy and safe working conditions, benefits and compensation for work in adverse working conditions. The legal and regulatory framework for certification of workplaces, the composition of the certification committee, and the procedure for certification are given. The certification identifies the workplaces with the adverse working conditions, where it is necessary to take the first-priority measures for their improvement; the workplaces, production, jobs, professions and positions, for the employees of which it is proposed to establish benefits and compensations at the expense of the enterprise; confirms the right of employees to benefits and compensations stipulated by the legislation. The article deals with the adaptation of the European approach to the organization of monitoring of the influence of production factors on the safety and health of the person, which serves as the basis of new methodological recommendations for the certification of workplaces for working conditions. The list of jobs with heavy, harmful and dangerous work conditions at the grain processing enterprises is offered. The mistakes and disadvantages in the course of certification are stated. The employees of the food industry and agricultural processing sustain the occupational injuries due to labor process factors such as the severity and intensity of labor. In most cases, the causes of accidents (up to 80%) have organizational
arrangement nature, including failure to certificate the non workplaces for working conditions (or violation of the legislation on the certification of workplaces).
2. [Electronic resource]/Available at: http://dsp.gov.ua/
3. [Electronic resource]/Available at: https://economics.uman.ua/agro/2375453-ukrajina-za-rik zibrala-bilshe-61-
4. [Electronic resource]/Available at: http://agravery.com/uk/posts/show/valovij-zbir-zernovih-v-ukraini-do-2020-
5. [Electronic resource]/Available at: http://agravery.com/uk/posts/show/silskogospodarski-kompanh-demonstruutnajmensu-
6. [Electronic resource]/Available at: http://nemyriv-rda.gov.ua/index.php/377-dotrymannia-vymoh-bezpeky-napidpryiemstvakh-
7. [Electronic resource]/Available at: http://www.dnop.gov.ua/index.php/uk/pres-sluzhba/vsi-novini/2254-1646
8. On Procedure for certification of workplaces for working conditions [Electronic resource]/Available at:
9. State Sanitary Rules and Regulations “Health-based Classification of Labor in terms of Hazard and Danger of the
Industrial Environment and Severity and Intensity of Labor Process// Official Bulletin of Ukraine - 2014. - No. 41. -
10. On approval of Labor Protection Regulations for workers engaged in grain storage and processing [Electronic resource]
/ Available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/zl288-17.
11. 11 On approval of the lists of productions, works, professions and positions, with employment entitling to retirement
pension on a preferential basis [Electronic resource] / Available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/461-2016-
12. On approval of the lists of productions, works, professions and positions with harmful working conditions, with employment
entitling to reduced working week [Electronic resource]/ Available at:
13. V. Engstrem. Development of the project of methodological recommendations for the certification of workplaces for
working conditions / Engstrem V.B.//Labor protection newsletter. - No. 1 (83) 2017. - p.32-43.
14. [Electronic resource]/Available at: http://www.nibulon.com/data/investiciina-diyalnist/dlya-investoriv/promislovabezpeka-