The article focuses on the introduction of a risk-oriented approach to labor protection at the enterprises of the grain processing industry. Such an approach is imperative in modern conditions in accordance with the Concept of reforming the system of labor protection management. This will involve the introduction of the proactive principle of “preventive actions” (prevention of hazardous events and situations) instead of the existing reactive principle of “corrective actions” (response to hazardous events and situations). A risk-oriented approach to occupational safety and health is the basis for the formation of a new national system for prevention of the operational risks. In the grain process enterprises, which have agreed their policy on labor protection with international standards, there has been an increase and improvement of the responsibility and competency of the ordinary employees and managers in the safety field, the risk of on-the-job injury has decreased. Improvement of the system of labor protection and risk management at enterprises should be carried out according to State Standard (DSTU) ISO 31000:2018 “Risk Management. Guidelines (ISO 31000:2018, IDT))”. The purpose of the standard is to reduce operational risks to an acceptable level. The main stages of the risk management process are presented. Identification of hazards, risk assessment, definition of security measures is a constituent and integral part of such a system. This is necessary to identify and understand the dangers that may arise in the course of an enterprise's activity, to assess the risk arising from a particular hazard, and to take measures to reduce the probability of occurrence of hazards. At the enterprises of the grain process industry, the identification of hazards consists in the definition of all objects, situations or actions (or their combination) that are inherent in an enterprise's activities and present a potential threat to the health and life of workers. At the same time, the different types of works and situations are considered in order to identify the dangers that are constantly present in normal working conditions, as well as the hazards, the impact of which is possible in case of deviation from normal working conditions and emergencies. Examples of possible hazardous factors at such enterprises are given. The adequacy of the existing security measures, the need for heir improvement or the introduction of other security measures are determined based on the results of the risk assessment.
2. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://dnaop.com/html/34112/doc-%D0%94%D0%A1%D0%A2%D0%A3_OHSAS_18001_2010
3. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/989-2018-%D1%80/card3#Files
4. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_b23. Directive No. 89/391/EEC Council on the establishment of measures to promote the improvement of health and safety of workers.
5. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_062 European Social Charter (revised), Strasbourg, 3.05.1996.
6. DSTU ISO 31000:2018 “Risk management. Guidelines (ISO 31000:2018,IDT)” – K.:2006. – p. 17.
7. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/ru/z0397 15/ Provisions on labor protection management system at the power industry enterprises dated 09.02.2015.