The article states that industrial fish farming in inland waters has become increasingly important in the recent years and it is one of the sources for satisfying the needs of people in the high-protein foods. The fish meat is an extremely rich source of proteins, which are easily digested, vitamins, polyunsaturated fatty acids, macro- and microelements. One of the priorities of the development of the fish farming in Ukraine is the cultivation of the Clarias gariepinus. Clarias gariepinus or African sharptooth catfish is a species of catfish of the family Clariidae, the airbreathing catfishes. In 2017, with the support of the Ukrainian State Agency, the Institute of Fisheries of Ukraine on the part of the state and the companies Vismar Aqua, Aquaprom and the Dutch company Trouw Nutrition («Skretting»), the program was developed to increase the cultivation of the Clarias gariepinus under the name Clarias gariepinus - 2020. The objective of the program is to provide 2020 tons of Clarias gariepinus until 2020. Today, the production of the Clarias gariepinus in Ukraine is about 500 tons per year; about
50 farms are engaged in cultivation. That is why the production of balanced domestic compound feeds for Clarias gariepinus is an important task of the feed industry of Ukraine. The theoretical study was devoted to the problem of the production of compound feeds for the Clarias gariepinus. The nutritional value of compound feeds for Clarias gariepinus a depends on the stage of the life cycle of this species of fish. The above world leaders are manufacturers of compound feeds for Clarias gariepinus, the analysis of granule size and nutritional value of compound feeds on the content of crude protein in prestarting, starting, growth and finishing periods respectively. The requirements for the content of essential and non-essential amino acids, minerals (micro and micronutrients), water
and fat soluble vitamins and restrictions on the content of crude fiber are given. Indicated the main and additional raw materials, traditionally used in the manufacture of data feed advanced companies. The main components are fish meal, produced under relatively low drying conditions, wing meal, corn and wheat gluten, soy products, by-products of extraction oil and press production oil (soya, sunflower and other cakes and meals), premisex, carotenoids like astaxanthin. The feeding programs of the Clarias gariepinus of various manufacturers have been analyzed and their own feeding program has been developed for this species of fish; it divides the period of cultivation of the Clarias gariepinus into prelaunch, starting, growth and finishing ones. For prestart mixed feeds, the content of crude protein should be at least 45%, raw fat at least 12%, raw fiber not more than 1.8%, gross energy not less than 13.7 MJ, raw ash not more than 8%. For starter feed, the content of crude protein should be at least 42%, raw fat at least 12%, raw fiber not more than 3%, gross energy not less than 13.1 MJ,
raw ash not more than 9.5%. For grower’s feeds, the content of crude protein should be at least 38%, raw fat at least 12%, crude fiber not more than 3%, gross energy not less than 12 MJ, raw ash not more than 9.5%.
2. Artemenkov D.V., Vlasov V.A. Vyrashchivaniye klariyevogo soma (Clarias gariepinus) v UZV na vysokoproteinovykh kombikormakh s dobavkami probiotika Subtilis. Mezhdunarodnoy nauchnoy konferentsii molodykh uchenykh i spetsialistov, RGAU-MSKHA imeni K.A. Timiryazeva. – 2011. – S.34-37.
3. Davies, O.A.; Ezenwa, N.C. Groundnut cake as alternative protein source in the diet of Clarias gariepinus fry. Int. J. Sci. Nat. 2010, 1, 73–76.
4. Li, M.H. and E.H. Robinson Feed ingredients and feeds for channel catfish. 2013. No. 1806, 1-6.
5. Yehorov B. V. Tekhnolohiya vyrobnytstva kombikormiv. - Odesa: Drukarsʹkyy dim, 2011. – 448 s.
6. Желтов, Ю.А. Кормление разновозрастных ценных видов рыб в фермерских рыбных хозяйствах [Текст] / Ю.А. Желтов. – Киев : ИНКОС, 2006. – 221 с.
7. Sklyarov, V.YA. Spravochnik po kormleniyu ryb [Tekst] / V.YA. Sklyarov, Ye.A. Gamygin, L.P. Ryzhkov. – M.: Legkaya i pishchevaya promyshlennost', 1984. – 120s.
8. Dedeke, G.A., S.O. Owa, K.B. Olurin, A.O. Akinfe, and O.O. Awotedu, Partial replacement of fish meal by earthworm meal (Libyodrilus violaceus) in diets for African catfish, Clarias gariepinus International Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture, 2013. 5(9): p. 229-233.
9. Yehorov B.V. Osoblyvosti vyrobnytstva kombikormiv dlya ryb/ Yehorov B.V., Fihursʹka L.V. / Khranenye y pererabotka zerna, №12, S. 58–60
12. Latest Facts for Fish and Shrimp Feed Formulations (NRC bulletin on Nutrient Requirements for Fish and Shrimp, John E. Halver, Ph.D., NAS, MTA School of Aquatic & Fishery Sciences University of Washington, Seattle, WA. USA.
13. Yehorov, B.V. Osoblyvosti formuvannya retseptiv kombikormiv dlya foreli [Tekst] / B.V. Yehorov, L.V. Fihursʹka // Zernovi produkty i kombikormy. – 2012. – № 1. – S. 13–18.
14. Yehorov, B.V. Analiz tekhnolohichnykh sposobiv vyrobnytstva kombikormiv dlya ryb [Tekst] / B.V. Yehorov, L.V. Fihursʹka // Zernovi produkty i kombikormy. – 2012. – № 1. – S. 35–42.
15. Steffens, W. Principles of fish nutrition [Text] / W. Steffens. – England: Chichester, 1989. – 384 p.
16. Fagbenro, O.A., A. M. Balogun, E.A. Fasakin, and O.A. Bello-Olusoji. 1998b. Dietary lysine requirement of the African catfish, Clarias gariepinus. Journal of Applied Aquaculture 8(2): 71-77.
17. Verreth J. van Tongeren M. Weaning Time in Clarias gariepinus (Burchell, 1822) Larvae.//Aquaculture/ - 1989. – V.83/ - P.81-88.
18. Артеменков Д.В., Власов В.А. Выращивание клариевого сома (Clarias gariepinus) в УЗВ на высокопротеиновых комби-
кормах с добавками пробиотика Субтилис. Международной научной конференции молодых ученых и специалистов, РГАУ-МСХА имени К.А. Тимирязева. – 2011. – С.34-37.
19. Davies, O.A.; Ezenwa, N.C. Groundnut cake as alternative protein source in the diet of Clarias gariepinus fry. Int. J. Sci. Nat. 2010, 1, 73.
20. Li, M.H., Robinson E.H. Feed ingredients and feeds for channel catfish. 2013. No. 1806, 1-6.