A detailed analysis of the production of granulated feed in the world and in Ukraine for the last ten years has been presented in the article. Science and practice proved the high efficiency of granulated mixed fodder products. A literature review was conducted. The urgency of the problem of the feed mill industry is presented, namely the question of improving the technology of pelleting feed. The detailed analysis of technological processes of the traditional technology ofgranulated mixed fodders production with the receipt of granule grains with the description of technological regimes of each process has been given. The main disadvantages of traditional technology of granulated feed production have been considered and possible solutions of these problems are presented.
As the development of the feed industry is characterized by the intensification of technological processes aimed primarily at improving sanitary quality, the methods of preliminary wet-heat preparation of mixed fodder, in particular, the application of expansion to the granulation process, have been presented as the basis for further development of the advanced granulation technology. The effect of heat treatment on the nutrient absorption of individual ingredients of compound feed has been the subject of many research. In general, the wet-heat treatment of compound feed can improve the digestibility of nutrients, including proteins, amino acids and carbohydrates.
The advantages of using expansion, the principle of the expander and the technological features of the process have been considered. The generalization of the conducted analytical and experimental studies allowed develop the advanced technology of granulation in the form of a blend granulated crumb, which will increase the output of finished products.
The purpose of the work and the tasks of research were set. The aim of the work was to substantiate obvious shortcomings in the traditional granulation technology and reduce the unit cost of electricity for the production of granulated feed in the form of crumb. The technology for the production of granulated сompound feed in the form of a blend granulated crumb and expanded crumb have been presented in the article. The description of technological processes and technological regimes (moisture of products, use of sieves, vapor pressure, steam consumption, duration, etc.) has been presented too. The physical and microbiological characteristics of granulated and expanded feed, as well as granulated grains and expanded grains are given. Has been studied the dependence of specific electricity consumption for the granulation process on other factors. Has been determined the yield of finished products – mixture granulated crumb and expanded crumb;
2. Granulation techniques and technologies: recent progresses [Electronic resource] / Access: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4401168/
3. Svihus BJ et al. Physical and nutritional effects of pelleting of broiler chicken diets made from wheat ground to different coarsenesses by the use of roller mill and hammer mill. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 2004; 117(3-4): 281-293. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2004.08.009
4. Official website of the company «Andritz group» [Electronic resource] / Access: https://www.andritz.com/group-en
5. Yegorov, B.V. Ways to reduce energy consumption in the production of mixed fodders [Text] / B.V. Yegorov, N.O. Batievskaya // Theses of the reports of Academic conference of teachers of the Academy Odessa, 2017 – P. 14-16.
6. Yegorov, B.V. Granulation - the guarantee of the profitability of production of mixed fodder products [Text] / B.V. Yegorov, N.O. Batievskaya // Theses of the reports of All-Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists and students. Odessa, 2017.
7. Global feed production [Electronic resource] / Access: http://www.ifif.org/pages/t/Global+feed+production
8. The impact of feed treatment on the performance of broilers [Electronic resource] / Access: http://www.ltz.de/en/news/lohmann-information/2017-2/3_The_impact_of_feed_treatment_on_the_performance_of_broilers_A_review.php
9. ANDRITZ. Process technologies, equipment, plants, and systems [Internet]. Austria; 2019 [updated 2019 February 27; cited 2018 December 22]. Available from: https://www.andritz.com/group-en.
10. IFIF. The International Feed Industry Federation (IFIF) [Internet]. Germany; 2019 [updated 2019 January 01; cited 2018 December 01]. Available from: https://ifif.org