It is proved the high effectiveness of using naked oats varieties Salomon and Samuel and hull-less barley variety Achilles as raw material for production new groats products with high biological value. Researched modes of pearling, water heat treatment and its impact on yield of pearled and flaked groats. The technological scheme of processing hull less barley and naked oats for producing groats, flakes, mixtures of groats and flakes were developed. Technology includes grain cleaning stage, grain water heat treatment, pearling, sorting of pearling products, pearled groat water heat treatment, mixing, flaking, drying, and control of end products. Studied hull-less barley characterized by high protein content 14,615,8 % and β-glucans – 6,8-7,4 %, has same to conventional dehulled grain mass fraction of lipids 2,1-3,8 % and starch – 57,6-60,5 %, low ash content 2,3-2,7%. Naked oats grain traditionally characterized by high mass fraction of lipids – 6,0-6,3 %,high mass fraction of protein - 14,9-15,4% and βglucans - 6,4-6,9% close to conventional dehulled grain mass fraction of starch – 59,3-61,6 % and ash – 2,1-2,3 %. It was found that the technologically expedient moisture content of hull-less barley and naked oats before pearling is 12-13 %. In the pearling the grain with this humidity depending on the duration of pearling yield of groat estimated to range between 6796 %. Increasing moisture content of grain before pearling to 14.0% does not significantly change the limits of yield values, and pearling grain with low moisture content of 10.5% leads to excessive grinding and formation of a significant amount of by-products and waste in the form of fine particles and husking bran.Technologically expedient moisture content of naked oats pearled groat before steaming stage are 15 % and the vapor pressure in steamer of 0.10 MPa. For the pearled barley groat most appropriate moisture content of before steaming is 20 % and the vapor pressure in steamer of 0.10 MPa.Steaming in this mode allows to obtain flaked groats with yield at 84 to 93%
2. Evdokhova, L.N., & Rukshan, L.N. (2012). The use of barley flour to create a flour confectionery health improving orientation. Pratsi Tavrіyskogo state agrotechnology university, (12, t. 2), 203-213.
3. Kurochkin, A. A., Shaburova, G. V., & Novikov, V. V. (2006). Use of extruded barley in brewing. Beer and beverages, (5)., 16-17.
4. Pavlovskaya, N. E., Kostromicheva, E. V., Kuleshova, E., Gorkova, I. V., & Gagarina, I. N. (2012). Barley source of antibiotics. Journal of Agricultural Science, 37 (4), 70-72.
5. Kroshko, GD (1998). Rules for organizing and maintaining the technological process at the mill factories. K .: WIPOL.
6. Pomeranz, Y. (1991) Functional Properties of Food Components. San Diego, CA: Academic Press
7. Kaukovirta-Norja, A., Wilhelmson, A., & Poutanen, K. (2004). Germination: a means to improve the functionality of oat.
8. Hager, A. S., Taylor, J. P., Waters, D. M., & Arendt, E. K. (2014). Gluten free beer–A review. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 36(1), 44-54.
9. Schnitzenbaumer, B., Kaspar, J., Titze, J., & Arendt, E. K. (2014). Implementation of commercial oat and sorghum flours in brewing. European Food Research and Technology, 238(3), 515-525.
10. Önning, G., Wallmark, A., Persson, M., Åkesson, B., Elmståhl, S., & Öste, R. (1999). Consumption of oat milk for 5 weeks lowers serum cholesterol and LDL cholesterol in free-living men with moderate hypercholesterolemia. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, 43(5), 301-309.
11. Gambuś, H., Gibiński, M., Pastuszka, D., Mickowska, B., Ziobro, R., & Witkowicz, R. (2011). The application of residual oats flour in bread production in order to improve its quality and biological value of protein. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Technologia Alimentaria, 10(3), 317-325.
12. Marshall, A., Cowan, S., Edwards, S., Griffiths, I., Howarth, C., Langdon, T., & White, E. (2013). Crops that
feed the world 9. Oats-a cereal crop for human and livestock feed with industrial applications. Food Security, 5(1), 13-33.
13. Eliasson, A. C. (2006). Carbohydrates in food. CRC press.
14. Chu, Y. (Ed.). (2013). Oats nutrition and technology. John Wiley & Sons.
15. Hamaker, B. R. (Ed.). (2007). Technology of functional cereal products. Elsevier.
16. Sots, S.M. Evaluation of some technological factors of Ukrainian naked oats and barley affecting on its
processing to food products - http://pscipub.com/Journals/Data/JList/Scientia%20Agriculturae/2014/Volume%208/Issue%201/8.pdf
17. Yegorov, G.A. (1985) Tekhnologicheskiye svoystva zerna (Technological properties of the grain). - M.: Agropromizdat
18. Steele, K., Dickin, E., Keerio, M. D., Samad, S., Kambona, C., Brook, R., ... & Frost, G. (2013). Breeding lowglycemic index barley for functional food. Field crops research, 154, 31-39.
19. Peltonen-Sainio, P., Kirkkari, A. M., & Jauhiainen, L. (2004). Characterising strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in producing naked oat as a novel crop for northern growing conditions.
20. Yalcin, E., Celik, S., Akar, T., Sayim, I., & Koksel, H. (2007). Effects of genotype and environment on β-glucan and dietary fiber contents of hull-less barleys grown in Turkey. Food Chemistry.
21. Batalova, G. A. (2014). Prospects and results of selection of bare oats. Leguminous and cereal crops, (2 (10)).
22. Kolmakov, Yu. V., & Aniskov, N. I. (2009). Evaluation and quality requirements for grain naked grains of
barley. Agrarian Bulletin of the Southeast, (3), 21-23.
23. Rukshan, L.V., Matveeva, A.V., & Vetoshkina, A.A. Technology products from bare barley. Electronic
resource] .- access mode: http: // gendocs. com / docs / 7/6320 / conv_3 / file3. pdf # page 25.
24. Helm, C. V., & Francisco, A. D. (2004). Chemical characterization of Brazilian hulless barley varieties, flour fractionation, and protein concentration. Scientia Agricola, 61(6), 593-597.
25. Yin, Y. L., Baidoo, S. K., Schulze, H., & Simmins, P. H. (2001). Effects of supplementing diets containing
hulless barley varieties having different levels of non-starch polysaccharides with β-glucanase and xylanase
on the physiological status of the gastrointestinal tract and nutrient digestibility of weaned pigs. Livestock Production Science, 71(2-3), 97-107.
26. Gryaznov, A. A. (2015). Barley barley varieties in poultry feeding. Livestock and veterinary medicine, (2 (17)). Zhang, J. Functional barley rice noodle and making method thereof / J. Zhang, et al. // [Електронний ресурс]. режим доступу: http://www.google.com/patents/CN102067965A?cl=en