The article deals with pressing issues of providing employees of grain processing enterprises with personal protective equipment (PPE). The presence of hazardous and harmful production factors in such enterprises requires the employer to use these remedies as one of the methods of protection of workers in conditions where safety of work cannot be ensured by the design of equipment, the organization of the production process and the means of collective protection. The authors of the article analysed the existing legal documents, according to which the employer is obliged to organize the acquisition, issuance and maintenance of individual funds in working order, which would protect the worker from the effects of industrial hazards, as well as pollution and adverse weather conditions. The modern classification of industrial PPEs (depending on destination), which should be used in grain processing industries, is given. The grounds, rules for providing and designing personal protective equipment are considered. The choice of the specific type of PPE for the grain processing industry should be made taking into account the safety requirements for the process or type of work. The obligations of the employer to provide workers with personal protective equipment, including the procedure and rules for issuing, inspecting, replacing PPIs, with reference to applicable regulatory documents, are disclosed in detail. A list of duties of an employee to use personal protective equipment is also provided. As a practical example, the distribution of PPE by main occupations of employees of grain processing enterprises in accordance with the "Minimum safety and health requirements for the use of personal protective equipment in the workplace by employees" is presented.
2. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2694-12 . About labor protection: the law of Ukraine, 1992.
3. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/96-2015-%D0%BF . Provision on the State Service of Ukraine for Labor. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 96 dated 11.02.2015.
4. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1052-2015-%D0%BF . Regulation on the State Emergency Service of Ukraine. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 1052 of December 16, 2015.
5. [Veb-sayt]. URL: http://kr.dsp.gov.ua/index.php/1816-zagostryuemo-uvagu-na-dotrimanni-bezpeki-pratsi-napidpriemst-vakh-po-zberigannyu-ta-pererobtsi-zerna-i-tsukrovikh-zavodakh.
6. [Veb-sayt]. URL: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1288-17. Occupational safety and health rules for grain storage and processing workers ( NPAOP 15.0-1.01-17)
7. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0446-08 . Regulation on the procedure for providing workers with special clothing, special footwear and other personal protective equipment, approved by the Order of the State Committee of Ukraine for Industrial Safety, Labor Protection and Mining Supervision No. 53 of March 24, 2008
8. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/main/761-2008-%D0%BF. Technical regulation of personal protective equipment, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Decree No. 761 of August 27, 2008.
9. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/main/771-2019-%D0%BF. On approval of the Technical Regulation of personal protective equipment.
10. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/main/z1494-18. Approval of the Minimum safety and health requirements for employees at workplace personal protective equipment.
11. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_b44 . Minimum safety and health requirements when using workplace PPE. Directive 89/656 / EEC Council of 30 November 1989/
12. [Veb-sayt]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0450-98. Typical rules for the free issuance of special clothing, special footwear and other personal protective equipment for employees of the grain, flour, cereals and feed industries (NPAOP 15.0-3.02-98).